You’ve heard of the Urban Dictionary? Well, I’m coming up with a Nine Year Old Boy Dictionary. I’ve lived with this strange being long enough that I am starting to learn his lingo and thought others of you might be able to benefit from my experience. It is a work in progress and I would love your feedback. Perhaps you can share some of your own definitions so that we may all understand and communicate with these creatures better. Please use this list of words and phrases for your English to Nine Year Old Boy translation needs.
English: Nine Year Old Boy
- Now: In 5 minutes, or 10 minutes, or maybe never.
- Hustle: Move at exactly the same speed as you are currently moving.
- Weird: Anything having to do with kissing, or romance in general.
- Use your fork: Eat your salad with your hands.
- Get ready for school: Listen to music and play with your Legos, being entirely not ready for school when it is time to leave.
- Brush your teeth: Stare at yourself in the mirror for 5 minutes, making silly faces and checking out your muscles, then swish with an infinitesimally small amount of toothpaste so as to make is it smell like you have brushed your teeth.
- Wash your hands: Turn on the water and wave your hands in its general direction.
- No: Yes. As in, the reply given to the question, “Did you wash your hands?”
- Read a book: Find something resembling a book but with no words and look at it for 20 minutes.
- Take a shower: Run the water for 10 minutes to let it “warm up” while you play with your Legos. Then, stand under the water for 20 minutes and sing, perhaps using the soap as a microphone, getting no actual soap on your body.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you! I need as much help as I can get!